STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Testing and Treatment at Metro Urgicare
What you need to know about Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
The most commonly known signs and symptoms of any STD include:
- Discomfort or burning when urinating
- Bumps, sores, lesions, or warts near the genital region or the mouth
- Bleeding in between menstrual cycles for women
- Pain, redness, or swelling in the genital region
- Discolored and/or blood in urine
- Elevated temperatures/feeling feverish
- Swollen lymph glands
- Discolored vaginal fluid/discharge from the penis
- Bleeding or excessive pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse
If you have experienced one or more of these symptoms, please contact or walk into one of our facilities right away.
All of our Metro Urgicare facilities offer completely private and confidential testing and treatment for the following STDs:
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
- Hepatitis A, B, and C
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 and Type 2 (Oral Herpes & Genital Herpes)
Do I need an appointment in order to get tested or treatment for STDs? Not at all, you can walk-in! You can absolutely schedule an appointment in advance though by clicking here (link to or calling 718-METRO-UC.
- Will my information be safe? Only you will have access to your test results, we will not share it with anyone or any third party.
- What insurances do you accept? Click here to see a list of all major insurances we accept at our urgent care locations. If you do not see your insurance listed there, please call the location closest to you to confirm that your insurance is accepted.
- What if I don’t have insurance? Can you still see me? It’s okay if you don’t have insurance, and we can certainly see you if that’s the case. The out-of-pocket cost for one visit is $99. We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) at all of our locations.
- Do you provide any mental health services or counseling for those with STDs? We are happy to say that we do at select locations, please give us a call at 718-METRO-UC to learn more.